What is Urchin 7...?
Urchin 7 is a giant leap forward for self-hosted web analytics software, and brings to the table an unprecedented mix of processing power and web analytics reporting depth.
Urchin sales discontinued from March 28th 2012
Please ensure you upgrade to the lastest version (Urchin 7) before the deadline. There is no time limit on any Urchin license and all software will continue to run. However new sales discontinue on this date (read official Google announcement). We will support your install as long as you need us!
Note: If you have an older version of Urchin, you can compare features with Urchin 7. If you are unsure of whether Google Analytics or Urchin is the right tool for you, take a look at our GA v Urchin page to understand which circumstances best describe your requirements.
Take a minute to look through these features and screenshots to better understand the incredible feature set embodied by Urchin 7. You then can download the software and try it for free in demo mode. If you like it, just buy a license, no need to reinstall anything.
Feature links open a new window to the Urchin HelpCentre:
- True 64-bit power: take advantage of today's most powerful servers - with Urchin 7?s 64-bit processing, giant logfiles are no problem and speed is staggering
- 100% New UI: Google Analytics-inspired updates bring Urchin to the forefront of analytics software user-experience design
- New AdWords Tag Manager: view and update your AdWords links to make analysis of your campaigns easy & fast
- 1000 Domains: analyze up to 1000 domains with the standard Urchin 7 license - enough for a small hosting provider!
- No Log Limits: analyze any number of log files, which means your 1000 sites and CDN are not a problem!
- Event Tracking: track and analyze arbitrary events on your site, such as button clicks or other non-pageview actions
- Parallel Profile Processing: harness the power of your multiprocessor/high-performance server with Urchin?s new parallel processing capability
- Advanced Segmentation: identify & analyze the visitor groups who are truly valuable to your business
- Tunable Geo/DNS Data Depth: strike the right balance between geographic & DNS data depth vs processing speed/memory consumption
- Permalinks: now you can email links to specific reports, with specific settings, to anyone you choose
- Regrouped Reports: more logical GA-like report grouping
- Urchin Data API v2: extract arbitrary data from Urchin for analysis in 3rd-party applications, such as CRM
- Custom Filter Order: re-order your filters to derive precisely the slice of data you need
- Automatic Software Update: keep your Urchin installation up-to-date with our automatic updating utility
- Refactored Embedded Help and Local Help Center: dramatically improved help text is dynamically updated for a much more relevant user experience
- Improved Lookup Tables: Assign meaningful labels to your data to aid in analysis
- New Site Summary Report: New dashboard-style report shows all top-level data in one glance - perfect for the CEO
Urchin 7's new "home" screen
Urchin 7's new Dashboard view
Urchin 7's new AdWords Tag Manager makes keyword campaigns a snap
Urchin 7?s Advanced Segments feature puts the power of deep analytics in your hands
Urchin 7 features a new Permalinks capability, making it easy to share specific reports with specific settings/filters applied
New report grouping is simpler, more logical, and more intuitive
Automatic software update keeps your installation current & patched
Urchin 7's new Site Summary report gives you key bite-size takeaways about your site's traffic